- All documents must be typed, or printed in black ink.
- Court costs are $119.00, which must be paid at the time you file the documents in Court.
- Applicant must be a resident of Darke County for one year prior to the filing of the Application.
- A certified copy of your birth certificate for minor must accompany the application.
ADULT NAME CHANGE
- APPLICATION: This Application must be filled out with the exact full name as it appears on your birth certificate and must be signed by you.
- JUDGMENT ENTRY: You should type the names in the proper spaces at the top and complete the information in the middle. This entry will be signed by the Judge at the time of the hearing.
MINOR’S CHANGE OF NAME
Both parents must consent to the change of name or be served a notice of the hearing to have the opportunity to appear in Court. It will be your responsibility to take notice for publication to The Greenville Advocate.
If there is no father listed on the child’s birth certificate, then it must be published for unknown father, or if a paternity action has been established, then we need a copy of the Entry.
Judge McClurg requires you to bring the child to the hearing with you.
It will be your responsibility to obtain an amended birth certificate from the State Department.
If you have questions, please contact the Probate Office at (937) 547-7345.
Back to Top