Certified Copy of Marriage:

If you wish to receive a certified copy of your marriage, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope and $3.00 per certified copy requested.  Payment is accepted in the form of cash, or a money order (payable to Darke County Probate Court).  In addition, we will need the following information:  full names of both husband and wife and the date of marriage.  Copies may be obtained in person during office hours.

Court Costs and Deposits:

Costs effective January 1, 2014.

Agency Adoptions
Adult Adoptions
Foreign Adoptions



Civil Actions

Authenticated Estate


Call for costs
Adult Guardianship
Minor Guardianship
Transfer from another County

Exact Costs
Minor settlements

Summary Release
Will and Summary Release
Will and Tax Only
Tax Only


Tax Form 22 Only
Change of Name
Registration of Birth
Correction of Birth
A/E to Pay/Deliver Estate of Minor without Appointment of Guardian
All Deposits Will be Applied Towards Final Costs
Adoption Information:

To initiate an adoption procedure, please make sure you have the following at the time of filing with the Court:

  • Petition for Adoption
  • Deposit
  • Consents
  • Preliminary Account (not required on step-parent adoptions)
  • Certified copy of child’s birth certificate
  • Cash or check/money order payable to “Darke County Probate Court”
  • Home study, if private adoption

10 days prior to final hearing the following should be submitted to the Court:

  • Affidavit of custody
  • Fingerprint results
  • Statement of Adopted Person
  • Vital Statistics Form
  • Final account (not required for step-parent adoptions) balance of court costs due at time of hearing.

Please call for Private Adoption information, Probate Clerk's Office at (937) 547-7345.

Court Filings

Paperwork can be filed by mail or in person. The Court’s hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Instructions for Change of Name:
  1. All documents must be typed, or printed in black ink.
  2. Court costs are $119.00, which must be paid at the time you file the documents in Court.
  3. Applicant must be a resident of Darke County for one year prior to the filing of the Application.
  4. A certified copy of your birth certificate for minor must accompany the application.


  1. APPLICATION: This Application must be filled out with the exact full name as it appears on your birth certificate and must be signed by you.
  2. JUDGMENT ENTRY: You should type the names in the proper spaces at the top and complete the information in the middle. This entry will be signed by the Judge at the time of the hearing.


Both parents must consent to the change of name or be served a notice of the hearing to have the opportunity to appear in Court.  It will be your responsibility to take notice for publication  to The Greenville Advocate.

If there is no father listed on the child’s birth certificate, then it must be published for unknown father, or if a paternity action has been established, then we need a copy of the Entry.

Judge McClurg requires you to bring the child to the hearing with you.

It will be your responsibility to obtain an amended birth certificate from the State Department.

If you have questions, please contact the Probate Office at (937) 547-7345.

Back to Top

Probate Forms:

Probate forms can be found hereWe anticipate adding more forms as they become available.

All forms are in .pdf format and require Adobe Acrobat. Free download available from Adobe.