To file for a marriage license with the Darke County Probate Court
, fill out the form below as completely as
possible and click the "Submit" button at the bottom of this
page. After a few moments, a confirmation page will appear, on which
you will find the information as you entered it as well as a 10 digit
tracking number. Print the confirmation page out and bring it to the
within 60 days to complete the application
process (please allow 24 hours AFTER applying on-line before appearing
at the court to allow the application to be processed by the system). Both
parties must be present to file for a marriage license.
By Ohio law, both parties must apply for a marriage license in person. The cost is $40, cash only.
Who may apply?
- One party must be a current resident of the county or
- Both parties live out of state.
- If under eighteen, please call (937) 547-7345 for specific requirements.
What do I bring along to apply?
- $40.00 cash (checks and credit cards not accepted)
- Proof of identification: driver’s license, state ID card, passport, military ID
- If either party has been previously married, the final decree for the most recent divorce or dissolution is required.
- Interpreter, if unable to answer questions in English.
Where and how long is the license valid?
- License is valid for 60 days from the date issued.
- License is valid anywhere in the state of Ohio, if you are a resident.
- License issued to out-of-state residents are valid only in the county where it was issued.
Answers to questions often asked:
- A blood test is no longer required.
- There is no longer a waiting period before the license is issued.
- A list of local officials that perform wedding ceremonies will be provided upon your request.